- 1 1/2 cups Oats (quick oats work best)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Water 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
1. Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
2. Remove from fridge. Use single-serving size jars (250 mL or 500 mL in size) and place a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture in the bottom of each. Then add a layer of diced apple followed by a layer of chopped walnuts. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
3. Store in the fridge up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
- More Protein Add hemp seeds or a spoonful of nut butter.
- Warm it Up Heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating.
- No Maple Syrup Use honey to sweeten instead.
- Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
This recipe is brought to you by Eighty!
Local functional nutrition coaching business, Eighty, (recently featured in our 2022 Fitness & Wellness Guide!) is helping moms tackle their wellness goals head-on this winter.
If you’re sick of:
✨ Starving yourself to lose weight
(with no results 😩)
✨ Feeling irritable and lethargic
✨ Sitting at the dinner table with your chalky processed diet bar while your family eats real food 🥘
Then keep reading…
Ali Kucich of Eighty, a functional medicine nutritionist and health coach, is helping Monmouth Moms eat better, look better, and feel better, and she can help you too!
Read more about the benefits of working with Eighty with the link here!
Eighty will help you take back control of your health, lose the holiday weight, and start 2022 off right 💪🏼