Thank you veterans for your service!
1. Visit a memorial or take part in a virtual memorial ceremony. The New Jersey Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum is located in Holmdel, NJ. You can visit www.njvvmf.org to learn more about this memorial and current COVID-19 closures and policies. There are also other memorials in Monmouth County dedicated to other battles. Veterans Memorial Park in Highlands, NJ has cannons, flags, and other memorials around the park.
2. Volunteer to help veterans. Work with a local organization serving veterans with activities such a yard work and running errands or write a thank you note and use a local non-profit helping veterans, your local VA hospital, or veterans organization to get the note distributed.
3. Send a care package. Active duty military members enjoy receiving care packages. It can be small items like hard candy, batteries, hygiene items, and gift cards. Click here for a list of reputable organizations to get care packages to soldiers.
4. Visit this link on Pinterest to find a children’s craft or project for Veterans Day.
5. Send a letter. Click here to see 8 websites where you can write to soldiers.