I’m not much of a baker. Or a cook. But I’ve come a long way in the kitchen, and have mastered a handful of recipes. Whipping up something delicious doesn’t exactly come naturally to me. So when I had the bright idea a few years ago to make cheesecake for Christmas dinner (likely after a couple glasses of Pinot Noir), I didn’t have high hopes for the outcome. I looked up easy cheesecake recipes, and found one of the most basic ones. Surprisingly, when I tell you that this cheesecake was a crowd pleaser, it’s an understatement. I’ve become the cheesecake lady at every holiday. Who knew? So if you’re looking to impress your guests over the holidays and make something that’s relatively easy, this cheesecake is DELISH!
- 1 3/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 cup Breakstone’s or Knudson Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- fruit toppings of your choice (or caramel, chocolate, etc.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Top with fruit or serve plain
Recipe from: Allrecipes.com