Recipe from Magnolia Table, a collection of recipes by Joanna Gaines.
These cold winter days call for comfort food! Crockpot recipes are a busy mom’s best friend. This one is simple and delicious. Pair with a hearty cabernet and some comfy socks. Sundays are for family…our happy place.
- 1 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 one ounce package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 2 pounds lean stew beef, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cremini or baby bella mushrooms trimmed, and cut int to 1/2-inch-thick-slices (about 2 1/2 cups), or one 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained.
- In a slow cooker, combine the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix. If using sherry add it along with 1/3 cup water; if not using sherry, add 2/3 cup water. Whisk together until well combined.
- Season the beef with the pepper. Add it to the slow cooker along with the mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Serve hot with your choice of side.
The recipe suggests serving with saffron rice. I am undecided whether I am going to make parmesan mashed potatoes or egg noodles. YUM! Also I added some chopped spinach just to throw in another veggie. I chop it up because I tell my non-eating-veggie husband that it’s parsley. Don’t judge me.